Monday, October 3, 2011

Tr, not Thr

A 68 year old male was annoyed that his blood pressure and cholesterol were above goal.

Mr. M.: I don't understand, I've been exercising 5 to 6 days a week on the threadmill.

Me: It's great you're exercising on the TREADMILL. You should continue.

Mr. M.: I thought exercising on the threadmill would keep me off  blood pressure and cholesterol lowering medications.

Me: Exercising on the TREADMILL is a great thing to do but many folks, like you, that do everything correctly, still need to be on medications to help control both.

Mr. M.: But I've really been pushing it on the threadmill.

Me: And you should continue to exercise on the TREADMILL.

Mr. M.: I was hoping to get better results from the threadmill.

I think you get the picture. We were able to finally move on to a new subject after a few more back and forth threads vs TREAD.

Come to think of it, maybe I should have told him that walking or jogging on a treadmill would give better results than exercising at the mill making thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment