Friday, October 21, 2011

Similar thoughts and words

An 89 year old male lives in an ACLF (assisted care living facility).

Me: How's the food?

Patient: Great; you know I would never complain about any food made for me, prepared by someones efforts. I'm just real thankful.

Me: You and I think a lot alike (and we even talk alike...see below).


My wife is a great cook and I love to eat. She used to make tuna casserole every so often. I hate tuna casserole, but I never told my wife. I love tuna sandwiches but have always despised tuna casserole (my mother used to make it as well growing up). Finally, one day my wife said, "you don't like tuna casserole, do you?" "Why do you ask?" "Because you never have seconds and you have seconds on everything else I make." "You're right, I hate tuna casserole." "Why didn't you tell me?" "Because I would never complain about any food made for me, prepared by you. I'm just real thankful for everything you do for us (my family)."

I think my wife loves to see me eat. We haven't had tuna casserole since.

No comments:

Post a Comment