Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Accidental flatulence (at that time of the day)

I get to the YMCA on most weekdays and exercise from about 5:30 until 6:15 AM.

It's usually an older crowd (at that time of the day).

I wake up to my alarm at 5:15 AM.

I already have a bag packed (from the night before) and the "Y" is only about a mile from our home.

Most of the really elderly folks, who exercise (at that time of the day), report having been up since about 3 to 4 AM.

The cushioned floor mats are used by most for stretching and sit-ups.

Occasionally, someone has some accidental flatulence (farts).

Sometimes, there's only one other person on the mat so I know who it was.

Other times I don't know because there's a small group.

Without fail, no one laughs and no one takes ownership (of course many possibly have hearing loss in the  flatulence frequency range).

I had never been a member of the floor mat flatulence club.

That's no longer the case.

The only other person, in the vicinity, on my memorable morning, had ear phones in place.

Maybe. just maybe, my membership is still a secret because I didn't laugh and I didn't take ownership.

No comments:

Post a Comment