Tuesday, September 27, 2011

His Vow

I've seen Mr. R., a 51 year old, three times for medical visits.

The first two visits were for acute problems.

The third was for a full history and physical.

He's always worn all white (a white shirt, white pants, white belt, white socks, and white shoes).

Finally, on our third encounter, I had time to ask the obvious:

Me: I've noticed you always wear white (I figured he would be impressed by my astute skills of  observation).

Mr. R.: Almost ten years ago my daughter was diagnosed with leukemia. I prayed and asked GOD to cure her. I also vowed to wear white for the rest of my life, as long as she was still alive. She's still doing well.

Me: That's great news. Thanks for filling me in (I had no idea his reason for wearing white would be so impressive).

No comments:

Post a Comment