Thursday, September 29, 2011

Both socks before shoes?

A 51 year male was depressed.

He had gone to see a psychologist and declined to ever go back.

He was upset.

He finally filled me in on why he was so upset.

Patient: He (the psychologist) asked the stupidest questions. I went along with him for the most part but finally got up and left when he wanted to know if I put both socks on before I put on my shoes or if I did one side at a time.

His wife confirmed his statement. She was with him at the time.

Patient: What did that have to do with me being depressed?

Me: No clue. I think I would have gotten up and left as well.

Of course, I thought about it for the rest of the day. I'm pretty sure I've done it both ways in the past. I'm sort of afraid to ask a psychology colleague what it means.

I'll pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment