Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Standing room only-barely

Mr. and Mrs. D. are hoarders.

Their 3 bedroom, one bath home is definitely a "you've got to see it to believe it."

Words can not possibly describe the inside of their home and the decades of things they have accumulated.

Mrs. D. was embarrassed but was not open to any help at this time.

"I'm sure it's hard thinking about trying to get rid of things," I said trying to show empathy.

"Every time I do, I get the thought that I would have such regrets later on," she replied (I could see tears starting to well up).

"Let me know when I can help with some ideas," was all I could think of saying.

This isn't a picture of their home but is very representative with one exception; they had more "stuff."



Up to 85% of compulsive hoarders can identify family members with similar tendencies.

That's potentially a lot of dumpsters for one family!

No comments:

Post a Comment