Sunday, March 10, 2013

Drinks not included

For many years, during the 1950's and 60's, Mr. C. ran a special.

He owned a restaurant/lounge in Torrance, California.

A $5 ticket would get you a bus ride to and from a Los Angeles Rams home football game, a ticket to the game, and a spaghetti dinner back at his restaurant after the game.

"How were you able to offer such a good price for so many years?"

"I didn't make any money on selling the ticket. The tickets for the game cost me $3 apiece. But folks were happy they were getting such a good deal. I sold liquor to and from the game and back at my place. I made out pretty darn well. I always made some good bucks. Every year I needed to buy more tickets. By the end I was taking over 100 people to every game. It took a long time for others to finally figure out what I was doing. I had a lot of loyal customers. I treated them right and they treated me right. It's really just that simple."

No comments:

Post a Comment