Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Life changing poor choices

M.E., a local high school principal was recently arrested for driving while intoxicated (DWI).

I know her personally.

She was the principal of our local middle school prior to being promoted.

She's well liked and respected by students, parents and faculty.

I have heard her advise students, at many school functions over the years, to "always try to make good decisions in life."

Unfortunately, she recently did not.

"Life presents many choices, the choices we make (may) determine our future (Catherine Pulsifer)."

I added the (may).

I know at least once I got behind the wheel of my car, when I had had too much to drink, while in college, and drove home. I didn't get caught.

I haven't done it since but my future MAY have been different if I had been or had injured myself or someone else.

M.E. wasn't as fortunate as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment