Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A rural health food stand

I drove through a pretty rural part of Florida today on my way to see a home-bound patient.

A few miles before the turn-off for her home there was a roadside stand.

The offerings included (there were home-made signs about every 20 feet, for 2 miles, before the stand):

* Tomatoes
* Sweet peaches
* Boiled P-nuts
* Gator jerky

I didn't stop coming or going but had a thought.

If they would make it a Gator jerky sandwich and serve it and all the other offerings with a glass of milk, they would cover all 5 food groups (vegetables, fruits, protein, grains and dairy).

Maybe I'll put a copy of this blog entry into a bottle and toss it out the next time I head up that way and pass the stand.

I'm sure they would really appreciate my suggestion.

No comments:

Post a Comment