Wednesday, May 9, 2012

What's so funny? It's just a name!

On the drive back from seeing a patient today in Holly Hills, Florida, I drove past a billboard on I-4 advertising the Emergency Room of Florida Hospital: Fish Memorial.

At the top of the sign was the quote, "Your Emergency is my priority."

It had a picture of a smiling male doctor dressed in a white lab coat and underneath the picture was his name; Dr. Weiner.

Now we all need a name and there's NOTHING wrong with his name, but it's just a little funny.

I couldn't stop laughing (to myself) at the thought of a male coming to the ER for a possible STD and being told, by the triage nurse, that Dr. Weiner will be in to see you shortly.

I checked the hospital web site and sure enough, Dr. Tracy Weiner is on the ER staff at that hospital.

When I relayed the story to my family over dinner (I know...sometimes our dinner conversation might be considered to be a little odd) my son did point out something positive.

"At least his parents didn't name him Harry, Dick or Willy" he said.

I thought, "I wonder if there are any Urologists named Dr. Weiner?"

Sure enough, a quick goggle search confirmed that there were a number throughout the country. I'm sure they've shared a lot of laughs with patients over the years!

No comments:

Post a Comment