Thursday, January 26, 2012

A puppy and a home run

I made a home visit to see Mr. K..

He's a 69 year old who has advanced metastatic lung cancer.

His wife of over 40 years was there.

They met on the beach in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.

She was from Sweden and had come over to the "States" for a vacation with a girlfriend. She never left.

Me: What kind of pick-up line did you use on her at the beach?

Patient: Man, I was so out of my league. She was, and still is, so beautiful (a true statement) and I didn't look much different than I do now. I never thought I would even get to first base with her, much less hit a home run. But I didn't need a pick-up line because I had a puppy. She loved my puppy and I'm sure that's the only reason she ever agreed to go out with me.

His wife shook her head "yes" and laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment