Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Double stone planning

I spent some time recently with Mr. and Mrs. R..

They're both in their 90's and have been married to each other for the last ten years; a second marriage for both.

I asked if they had given any thought to end-of-life issues.

Mrs. R. responded, "You bet, it's all taken care of. My ex-husband is buried in Kentucky. When he died we bought a double (head) stone and plot. Mr. R. also has a double stone and plot where his wife is buried near here. Neither of us were expecting to end up married again. We decided when we got married to be buried next to our first spouse. They're both already paid for. There's no reason to spend any more money than we need to spend."

I actually wasn't expecting this answer but it made sense.

The purpose of my question was to inquire about advance directives (living wills, etc.).

It took me a second or two to get my thoughts together to carry on with my initial intended discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment