Sunday, November 13, 2011

A snip-snip expert

While driving on the interstate recently I saw a large sign that was an advertisement by a urologist.

It had a picture of the relatively young looking physician.

He was advertising "no needle, no scalpel vasectomies."

It stated that he had performed the procedure over 20,000 times.

It got me thinking.

If he had been in practice for 15 years, and worked 365 days a year, he would have already performed over 3.6 vasectomies a day (I admit that I did use a calculator).

Talk about being able to perform a procedure in your sleep!

However, given the delicate nature of the procedure and the psyche of those undergoing the procedure, I understand why he didn't add this additional information to the advertisement.

Even though I think I would be bored out of my mind, I do have to acknowledge that he must be pretty darn good by now (after performing my second vasectomy in residency training, I felt pretty confident!).

No comments:

Post a Comment