Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My future?

I spent time with a couple recently who has been married for almost 70 years.

The wife pretty much finishes all her husbands sentences.

Whenever I would him a question he would seemingly take a moment to scan his memory banks prior to answering.

Then, often after he said just a few words, his wife would interrupt to see how much time I had left to spend with him because she knew a particular answer would take some time.

"Doctor, are you sure you have enough time to hear the whole story...I've been hearing the same stories now for almost 70 years...if you let him keep on talkin', he will just go on and on and on.

My wife finishes a lot of my sentences and we've only been married for twenty years.

Is this a glimpse into my future?

No comments:

Post a Comment