Sunday, November 20, 2011

2 chairs separated by a table

Every home I've been to, while making home visits, in which the husband and wife are still living, seems to have a common furniture arrangement, in whatever room they use as a den.

Do you remember the show "All in the Family (the main characters were Archie and Edith)"?

They all have an Archie and an Edith chair (seen below on display at the Smithsonian National Museum of American History) in front of a large TV, separated by a small table that has a potpourri of stuff (opened and unopened mail, magazines, remotes, pill bottles, etc.).


One evening recently I informed my wife about my astute observational skills (in terms of noticing the furniture arrangement).

She walked me out into our living room (that serves as our den) and reminded me of our furniture arrangement.

"Oh, you're right...thanks Edith."

No comments:

Post a Comment