Sunday, August 14, 2011

Stay-cation

I'm just finishing up a stay-cation and was able to do a lot of things:

1. Cleaned out our closets and made some salvation Army runs.

2. Went to the downtown section of the town I live in for the first time in a couple of years-couldn't believe all the new stores and restaurants. I only live approximately 3 miles from the downtown (I've got to get out more)!

3. Exercised a lot but only lost one pound (see #4).

4. Ate out almost every night (re-discovered a favorite Italian restaurant).

5. Did two college tours with my son who is going in to 11th grade.

7. Saw 4 great movies (and remembered how expensive it is for a family of four).

8. Chaperoned (helped drive) a trip to a horse sanctuary and breeding farm/barn with my daughter's horse camp.

9. Read two novels.

10. Caught up with all my medical journals-I'm not kidding!

11. Slept in and took daytime naps!

12. Got to see my son make a lay-up with one second left to win the U16 summer championship game.

I love to travel and see new places but all in all, the stay-cation was well worth it. As is the case with all vacations, however, I cringe at the thought of the work the awaits my return to the office tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment