Monday, August 22, 2011

Can I tell a fib (part 2)?

I've often felt we would have a much healthier society if all overweight folks could be diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.

Most of us go through a good portion of our life eating whatever we want, whenever we want and in whatever quantity we want.

A lot of overweight patients seem to want to get serious about dieting and weight loss only after they have been diagnosed with diabetes.

I always let folks know they can be healthier than they've been in years if they are willing to make changes in their lifestyle.

Resilient and motivated folks with diabetes actually learn the nutritional concepts that ALL folks should not only be taught, but also learn/master.

Can I just tell all my overweight patients they have type 2 diabetes, even when they don't?

No comments:

Post a Comment