Thursday, July 21, 2011

Get back on your toes, now!

I'm asked to fill out disability forms for patients frequently, but some functional assessment forms ask for answers I can't give to such thought provoking questions as:

In the midst of an 8 hour work day, what percentage of time can the individual walk on heels, walk on toes, squat, or crawl?

In the midst of an 8 hour work day, what percentage of time can the individual lift 0-4 lbs, 5-9 lbs, 10-14 lbs, 15-19 lbs, etc.?

I guess I have a pretty easy job when it comes to physicality.

None of my patients, however,  has ever admitted to having to spend part of his/her work day toe walking while carrying some weights.

I guess someone must. The same questions keep appearing.

Sure would love to be a fly on the wall at their workplace.

Wonder what kind of job they have?

No comments:

Post a Comment