Monday, July 25, 2011

Three useful (equestrian) terms

I spent a good part of this past weekend (and many other parts of weekends) at a horse show.

My 15 y/o daughter has been riding for about 4 years and has become quite an accomplished equestrian.

She rides her horse (Blues) almost everyday and they compete in shows at least once a month.

I've picked up (aren't I smart!) a few horse terms over the years that sure encompass a lot:

1. Colic: used when something is wrong with the horses digestive tract-can represent any thing from gas to intestinal torsion (life threatening). Luckily, whenever our horse has had colic, a massive passage of gas (a horse fart) has always been curative, so far.

2. Lame: means that something is wrong from a musculoskeletal standpoint. It also means that the horse can't be ridden (a real bummer for my daughter as well as the folks (my wife and I) who are writing the checks for her to follow her passion).

3. Sound: all good. A-OK. Ready for action. Now we're talking!

Three useful terms.

Sure would make documenting a lot easier if I could use them in my office notes!

No comments:

Post a Comment