Saturday, June 11, 2011

An under-recorded year

A 69 y/o male came in for a follow-up appointment. I had not seen him for close to a year.

Me:  It's great to see you, anything new?

Patient: Nothing really, except for that I was elected to be the historian for my local American Legion Chapter for the coming year.

Me: Congratulations, are you looking forward to it?

Patient: Sure, it'll be OK. It's funny though, I can't write due to my tremor, I don't own a tape recorder or a camera and I don't know how to use a computer. Even funnier, everyone that elected me already knew that.

He laughed first and then so did I.

Me: I guess the members just want to have a year off from being overly documented.

Patient: A lot of folks take pictures all the time. Every once in awhile I'll just buy them some drinks so they'll give me some copies of their pictures to use for the end of the year party.

Me: Maybe that was their plan all along.

He laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment