Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Psychic powers

Warning: The following brief patient encounter is probably a good example of why my wife thinks I'm so bizarre. I'm easily amused, often finding humor in things that most "normal" folks would not.

A 78 y/o male came in for an appointment after undergoing a number of tests by his cardiologist.


Me: How did everything turn out (I hadn't yet received any information concerning the results)?

Patient: I have a premonition that everything is fine.


Quick review:  definition of premonition: An intuition of a future occurrence; a feeling; a hunch; a warning in advance; a forewarning; an early warning of a future event; forewarning; a feeling of anticipation of or anxiety over a future event.

Lets get back to the patient.


Me: Why's that?

Patient: Well, the cardiologist was sitting in the room while all the tests were being done (an echocardiogram and a nuclear stress test). He made the comment, a few times, that everything looked excellent and that my heart was in great shape for a 78 year-old man.

Me: That sounds like a pretty good premonition.


Later that morning his extrasensory, psychic powers were confirmed. The fax'd results were normal.

How bizarre am I?

I still think it's funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment