Monday, October 1, 2012

Merci!

I had a patient recently who had extreme flexion of the thoracolumbar spine that was partially relieved by support  and completely relieved by lying down. The pictures below are not of my patient but he looked very similar.

The term for this clinical finding was on the tip of my tongue but I couldn't remember it until I got back to the office to look up.

Camptocormia, how could I possibly have forgotten?

We can all thank Alexandre-Achille, a French neurologist for the term.

To be honest, however, I'm not sure how long I'll remember this time.At least I'll have a quick reference for the next time I forget by looking here.

The pictures below are from the article "Parkinson's disease: clinical features and diagnosis," by Professor J. Jankovic.

No comments:

Post a Comment