Sunday, June 3, 2012

All decisions in life do not have to be complicated

I've seen the movie "Forrest Gump" many times and, like most folks, have a lot of the lines memorized.

One of my favorite quotes is when he decides to stop running back and forth across the country.

"I'm pretty tired...I think I'll go home now (he had run for 3 years, 2 months, 14 days and 16 hours)."

Mr. B. is a 94 year old man.

Some of his statements were "Forrest Gump like."

He's been an ex-smoker for about a year.

How were you able to quit (I was hoping to get some words of wisdom to share with other patients)?

"I was tired of smoking...I decided to stop (he had smoked 2 packs a day from age 14 to age 93; 79 years)."

There was no need for him to add (as Forrest Gump would say), "and that's all I have to say about that."

He was tired of smoking so he quit-it was that easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment