Thursday, February 16, 2012

One man who had a very bad day!

"Man Suffers Severe Injuries After E-Cigarette Explodes In His Mouth. Burn Victim Is Vet Who Served In Vietnam. On its website, ABC News (2/16, Conley) notes that 57-year-old Vietnam vet Tom Holloway is recovering at a burn center in Florida, "after suffering severe injuries from an electric cigarette that exploded in his mouth." Chief Butch Parker of the North Bay Fire District "said the explosion knocked out all Holloway's teeth and part of his tongue." ABC News adds, "E-cigarettes are currently not regulated by the FDA." 

It will be easy to remember this potentially significant adverse effect when I advise patients..."E" for explosion.

Poor guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment