Friday, February 10, 2012

Don't tell my wife

Mr. H. is a 90 year old male who had a cervical spine procedure years ago.

He was having increased neck pain and luckily I was able to compare new x-rays to others that had been done over the last ten years or so.

In all the x-rays, a screw was missing on the right side at cervical level 7.

Obviously, at the time of the initial surgery, it wasn't needed.

Me: Has any one ever told you that you only have 5 screws, instead of 6, in the stabilization plate (and I showed him the x-rays at the same time)?

Mr. H.: No, I've never been told that...but do me a favor and don't tell my wife. She's said I've had a screw loose for years and I wouldn't want her to know she was right!

We laughed.

I was pretty impressed with his quick wit!

No comments:

Post a Comment