Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The book title doesn't appear to be right

A local Doctor and his wife just unveiled a new diet book entitled, "Lose Weight, Get Healthy & Be Happy: the Rice Diet is the Right Diet."

I did some brief research on the Rice Diet.

"Created in 1939 in Durham, North Carolina, the Rice Diet is a program that can help you overcome weight-related diseases like obesity, heart disease, diabetes, hypertension and others."

The Rice Diet appears to have some very appealing example menus to choose from (said sarcastically).

For example, for Breakfast:

Choice A: one cup of brown rice, one cup of fresh fruit and unsweetened coffee/tea

Choice B: one cup of brown rice, one small glass of OJ, 2 figs or prunes, and unsweetened coffee/tea

For Lunch:

Choice A: one cup of brown rice, one cup stewed tomatoes, raw carrots or cauliflower, and one glass skimmed milk

Choice B: one cup of brown rice, one cup of boiled cabbage, and one glass of skimmed milk

Etc., etc. (I think you get the general idea).

I'm always up for reading. I'm just thinking the title might need to be changed to "Lose Weight & Get Healthy: the Rice Diet is the Right Diet."

I'm pretty certain I would lose weight.

I'm just having a hard time with the "Be Happy" part!

No comments:

Post a Comment