Friday, August 30, 2013

Letting go

I'll be honest...having my son go off to college has been harder than I thought.

While our home is a lot cleaner and quieter, I miss being able to talk to him everyday about sports and other things.

I even miss getting annoyed with him about stuff.

I just haven't been able to get my words out.

It's been two weeks and things are starting to feel better around here, probably because we know he seems to be settling in so well.

He weight-lifted this morning before class, went for a run between classes, is planning to go watch the Men's soccer game at 5 PM and then he's playing Ultimate Frisbee from 7-9 PM.

That's my boy.

My daughter's still home for one more year and she's been talking more than ever.

My wife and I are talking more also.

Things are good!

I just wish I could get them both a little more interested in sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment