Thursday, January 31, 2013

Stress reducing walks

My wife has always been an excellent sounding board.

We always seem to get a lot of things figured out by talking to each other.

Lately we've been trying to get to yoga a couple of nights a week.

Work has been stressful for both of us and yoga has been an excellent way to recharge.

We were supposed to go tonight.

I called her on the way home.

"Would it be alright if we skipped yoga tonight?" I asked.

"Why?" she inquired.

"I would rather just go on a walk tonight to talk. Yoga has been great but basically we sit there in quiet, in the dark, for an hour. I spend a good deal of the time trying not to fall (when we are doing the balance sequences) and the whole time trying to make sure I don't accidentally fart (like so many of the other middle aged folks seem to do during our classes-two nights ago there was a classic "silent but deadly" floating around the room!)."

She laughed.

We went for a walk.

I felt a lot better when we were done.

No comments:

Post a Comment