Sunday, January 20, 2013

Being put out to pasture

I was recently up in a rural part of Florida.

The saying you are now out in the boonies was very appropriate.

I drove past a sign for a retirement community that advertised, "The life you've waited your whole life for..."

I'm sure it's very relaxing and appealing for those who want to spend the final chapter of their life sleeping, playing shuffleboard and, of course, playing golf. It even enticed you further by mentioning "free range balls."

I just doubt it will ever be right for me.

To be completely fair, however, I do need to add the excitement of making the 20 mile ride to a grocery store every so often.

I'm pretty sure you would need to take your car...I doubt the golf carts have enough battery power to make the journey to and from.

No comments:

Post a Comment