Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The apple of her eye

I recently saw a patient who I hadn't seen for many years.

He alerted me, in advance, to the fact that his wife had gained a lot of weight since the last time we had seen each other.

He went on to let me know how disappointed he was in her and the fact that she had "let herself go." He also let me know that intimacy in their relationship was also lacking.

She looked fine to me.

Like many, she had assumed a middle-aged female pear shape (as depicted by Rubens in his 1615 painting: Venus at a Mirror).



My patient now also resembled a piece of fruit; a large apple.

I really doubt his wife would have said the same things to me about him had we had time together first.



There's actually a recognized disorder call hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD). I wonder how many women have this disorder when in a relationship such as theirs.

I'm sure the apple makes the pear feel very special (sarcastic).

No comments:

Post a Comment