Sunday, November 18, 2012

Life extenders

A VA research study has concluded that loneliness can shorten your life.

"Psychological stresses brought on by loneliness, including anxiety and depression, can boost heart risks," the author of the study noted.

Why is it that some folks stay single and unattached their whole life?

I'm not really sure but I suspect some spend so much time trying to find the perfect match that they always think something better than they currently have is just around the corner.

Andy Rooney once stated that "no one is perfect until you fall in love with them."

He also stated that "life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes."

And finally, he noted that "no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs somebody to act goofy with."

I couldn't agree more.

My wife fills that role.

I'll have to let her know she may be extending my life.

Maybe she'll be less annoyed with me once she finds out!

No comments:

Post a Comment