Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A comedian without even trying

My daughter is a senior in high school and has applied to my alma mater, The University of Virginia (UVa).

I've been following a blog written by an Administrative Dean to keep up to date with the news.
 
Recently there was a letter written in response to a post by a person named Momofahoo.

I made a statement to my daughter about it being such an odd name.

She started to crack up and so did my wife when told.

"It stands for Mom-of-a-Hoo (students at UVa have been called the Wahoos since the early 1900's)," my daughter let me know.

"Oh...I see," I said while they continued to laugh.

It's good to know I keep adding to things to be joked about for the rest of my life.

I suspect my daughter has always wondered how such a goof-ball of a Dad could actually have ever become a doctor!

No comments:

Post a Comment