Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Be slow to talk

It's high school graduation for my son.

We had an event last night: the Baccalaureate.

We ran into parents we hadn't seen for years.

With many I could just say,"hey, it's great to see you," and they would proceed to give me the full update on their kid (scholarships earned, what great school they are going to for college, if they had been accepted into the honors program, etc., etc.).

It seemed like many wanted a "can you top this type of discussion."

I've got a great son but I kept relatively quiet.

It just didn't seem like an appropriate time to brag.

My wife was surprised and actually quite pleased with my behavior for the night.

Hopefully it will be more of the same tomorrow for the actual graduation day!

I'll do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment