Thursday, September 5, 2013

A cure for what ails ya!

Mr. M. is my age.

He's been quadriplegic since an accident in 1990.

He was back home after another hospitalization and a close call with death.

He was septic but responded to fluid resuscitation, IV antibiotics and artificial ventilation.

He's back at his baseline.

He still has a glint in his eye, loves to joke and make sarcastic comments and is so looking forward to his favorite outing in the whole (his) world...traveling by electric wheelchair to get Dunkin' Donuts about 1/4 mile from his home.

He's got a better outlook on life than most intact folks I know.

I've been feeling sorry for myself lately due to a lingering cold and a hacking cough for a couple of weeks.

I don't feel that way after my visit with Mr. M.

No comments:

Post a Comment