Monday, April 16, 2012

No surprise here

I delivered almost 40 children (and was amazed by each one), years ago, during residency, so a new report issued today is certainly no surprise:

"A report from Sweden has shown that women who deliver naturally (vaginally instead of by cesarean section) are more inclined to suffer from urinary incontinence later in life."

To witness first hand the miracle of birth, as well as the changes in the female anatomy that allowed passage of the newborn, was an honor and privilege I'll never forget.

It's really hard to make an analogy for men but I'll try.

I don't think it would be a surprise if any man, who had a tennis ball sized kidney stone come through their penis, had a greater incidence of urinary incontinence in their later years.

I know...ouch, but you get the picture, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment