Monday, June 15, 2015

Back at it

It's been about 15 months since my last post. I had written an entry about 3-5 days a week for almost three years when I decided it was time for a break. Some things are the same and some are different.

My wife and I remain happily married and marrying her 22 years ago was truly the best decision of my life. I continue to see primary care patients in their homes and it is truly a privilege and a blessing to do just that. Both children are now in college and doing great. My son just finished his sophomore year and wants to pursue graduate school to become a doctor of physical therapy. My daughter just finished her 1st year and wants to attend graduate school in the future to be a veterinarian. Both are getting observation hours this summer.

We have a new dog, a 9 month toy poodle, named Dwight. He's a hoot.

I have some spare time on my hands as I recover from having had a hip revision 6 days ago. I had a total hip replacement done 18 years ago at age 37 due to developmental dysplasia of the hip and X-rays done almost a year ago noted to significant wear and the need to have an elective repair before irreversible damage to the joint had occurred. The plastic liner was changed to a newer generation more wear resistant liner and the metal head was changed to a more wear resistant ceramic head. The joint capsule also needed to be re-constructed.

It's good to be back!

1 comment: