Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A milestone birthday and a ladder lesson

Everyday is a good day!

Today has been even better than most.

It's my daughters 16th birthday and my friend Jerry finally re-appeared at the YMCA, this morning, after a prolonged absence due to a fall off a ladder with multiple injuries and complications.

Two important thoughts from these events of the day: #1 seeing children grow up into happy, healthy and responsible young adults is a privilege, the extent of which one could never imagine prior to becoming a parent and #2 avoid all temptation to climb up on a ladder after about age 65 or 70.

The trickle down benefit from the day: I'll get to have a huge piece of the birthday cake my wife baked for my daughter and not feel guilty because of all the extra calories I burned from talking with Jerry this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment